Thursday, March 4, 2010

We have sprouts!

I am absolutely amazed.  We only set the seeds in the starter kits on Tuesday afternoon.  I was sure I did most everything wrong:  I didn't cover the seeds.  I only had one heat mat (2 kits fit on it, but I had 4 kits.)  My light system wasn't installed (though I finally purchased one a the store yesterday.)  I haven't watered yet.  In fact, worries about underwatering are what got me peering closely into the kits this morning.

And there they were: cabbage sprouts were coming up.
And on even closer inspection, I could see the beginning of downward rooting on the marigold seeds too.
I think I have to remove the covers after the seeds germinate -- so later today I might move the sprouted pellets to a cookie tray.  But I am worried that I am moving too quick -- maybe I should wait for true leaves first.  I will have to read up on the process during naptime (the kids' naptime) and make a decision soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment