Tuesday, March 23, 2010

sprouting contest winner ...

Tigger melons.  Although I am sure that the watermelons, peppers, and basil will catch up soon, I only took the melon sprouts out from under the dome.  Who wants to encourage fuzz?!

But then I had to figure out what to do with them.  I was wondering if the great distance between my lamp and my sprouts hindered the growth of my last sprouting effort -- and since I really want these to be lush transplants in May and June, I decided to improvise a bit.  I am now using a cardboard box to lift my sprouts to the light.  I can cut the box down to give them space as they grow.  My solution won't be as earth-friendly as using (and reusing) a chain to raise and lower the lights appropriately -- but at least I am repurposing a box.

No comments:

Post a Comment