Wednesday, March 17, 2010

should I be intimidated by a plant sale?

Seattle Tilth just sent out an e-mail about their cool weather plant sale coming up this Saturday -- and quite honestly, it sounds a bit like a David's Bridal $99 wedding gown sales event.  There is a pre-sale on Friday night for best selection if you are willing to pay $25 -- and the day of you can pick up a color-coded wristband to secure your 'time of entry' starting an hour before they open.  Oh dear.  Will there be jockeying?  Will there be plant grabbing and trading in the aisles?  Do you need to camp out the night before to get a good colored bracelet?  If you show up 'sometime in the morning' will there be bracelets and plants left?

I know this is silly but the idea of crowds in need of taming brings out the scaredy side of me.  Still, my efforts at seed propagation have been mediocre at best.  Only my peas seem to be flourishing (and that despite the fact that I left them outside under the cold frame last night ... it was above freezing and nothing seems to be dying so I am leaving them out tonight too.)  I figure I am going to have to suck it up, conquer my fears of the unknown, and try out the plant sale if I am going to produce something edible this spring.

Rough and tumble gardeners?  So far everyone I have met has been real nice....

No comments:

Post a Comment