Tuesday, March 23, 2010

seed starts, round two

As I mentioned before, my original seeds starts did okay -- but my guess is a 1/3 or more will never make it to ground.  Yet I remain undaunted.  Yesterday my kindergartner was home on a school holiday and we started our second round of seeds in Burpee Eco-Friendly starter kits.
Last time I planted what I should have sowed into the ground (but couldn't because my raised bed wasn't built yet.)  This time we are planning ahead for starts that will go into the ground in May (tigger melons, sweet basil, sugar baby watermelons, and moon & stars watermelon) and in June (fish and anaheim peppers.) 
Last time I put the pellets straight into the ground.  This time I am thinking that I will have to "pot-up" so the seedlings get some size before they go to ground.  But first we get to wait and see what sprouts first....

No comments:

Post a Comment