Sunday, May 2, 2010

Moving?

Now?  Maybe.  We put a contigent offer in on a home we love -- but we have to sell our house first.  A big if.

So what about the garden?  So much work has gone into it.  I am hedging my bets.  If our house sells, I have to say goodbye and start anew -- but if it doesn't sell the garden here is the joy that takes away the disappointment.

But in the meantime I have to prioritize the hope of moving -- which seriously cuts into garden time at the height of planting season.  I had imagined myself shopping the plant sales, planting and prepping this weekend.  And that just didn't happen. 

I have to adjust.  I am pulling back my aspirations.  I will get this month's seed into the ground -- for us or for the next family that lives here.  But I don't think I will be building melon trellises -- though maybe I can sneak some seeds into the ground....  I am guessing we will know whether we are staying or going in a month -- I could always build the trellises then.

No comments:

Post a Comment