Saturday, May 8, 2010

Off to the races

The move has been put aside and it is sunny and warm -- today is the day I will plant a whole bunch of things. 

I took the kids down to the Seattle Tilth Second Chance edible sale (missed the first chance last weekend to the maybe-move frenzy.)  They were incredibly well behaved after a rather rotten ride down (bad traffic, crying baby, mama bringing the wrong snacks and no water....)  We picked up some fish peppers and basil to replace the sad seedlings I have been growing, some Polish Linguisa tomatoes (a local favorite and we love sauce), and some white echinacea (because I am curious.) 

Right now I am plotting out what will actually make it into the raised bed garden, what will by my topsy turvey experiment (my neighbor had great luck with these last year but the more serious gardeners I follow online all seem to hate them,) what will go into self-watering containers (provided I have time to make them.)  There is a lot to do.  Wish me luck....

No comments:

Post a Comment